04-08-2012 07:13 PM
hi. I want to enter the BB world.
I need my phone to be able to write/read in both japanese and english.
Also, it should be 3G/UMTS, so I will be able to use it in Japan AND in Europe.
As cheap as possibile :-)
I'd very much appreciate your help.
04-08-2012 11:16 PM
The steps are as follows -
1. Click this link for getting BlackBerry device OS. Choose any mobile operator from your region
2. Choose carrier form East Asian region e.g. Hongkong, Indonesia or Japan
3. Download and Install BlackBerry device OS in your desktop/laptop
4. Delete vendor.xml file from
a) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml
b) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml on 64 bit systems
5. Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager and click Applications
From the Action column choose your desired language to install
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
04-16-2012 09:56 AM
04-17-2012 08:19 PM
04-18-2012 10:12 AM
I'd like to thank you all very very much.
The phone arrived today, we followed instructions, and it all worked out perfectly.
We can read english and japanese fonts, and we can type english and japanese.
And the japanese input system is very good. Impressive work!