Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Turkcell

Which apn does OS6 Browser use?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I use 100 MB limited BIS package for blackberry apn, I also use 600 MB limited internet package for wap and internet apn. When 100 MB limited bis package is finished the connection speed decreases to 5 kpbs. Because of this reason i have to use as much as internet apn. I did tcp / ip setting and i chose the internet apn. I want the browser to use the internet or wap apn. How can i do that? I could choose whether wi-fi, blackberry browser or wap browser  while i was using OS5 browser.

And also... which apn will opera mini browser use in this case?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Which apn does OS6 Browser use?

[ Edited ]

Hello heathrow,

APN settings are provided by your wireless service provider. The following article will provide you with more information regarding APN setting configuration:

How to set the APN settings on the BlackBerry smartphonehttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05327

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Turkcell

Re: Which apn does OS6 Browser use?

Thank you.
I don't use this package any more. The package I use now is 1 GB limited. 1 GB limit is for not only blackberry apn but also internet-wap apn.
When you set up internet apn from tcp/ip settings the OS6 browser uses the internet apn. I am sure about that. When a few days ago the bb connection was cut, I could use the OS6 browser.