Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T Mobile

White Screen - Blackberry Bold 9780

Hello,

So I went out last night, and my phone was fine. Took it out of my pocket and I have recieved a white screen. Tried battery pull, but to no avail. Anyone have any idea of whether this can be fixed, and if so how?

Cheers

Will

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: White Screen - Blackberry Bold 9780

Hi thewillster2008,

Is your BlackBerry® Desktop Software able to connect with your BlackBerry® Bold™ smartphone? If so, please try backing up your data using the BlackBerry Desktop Software and performing a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software.

For further instructions, please see this KB article. How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows. www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb11320

If it is unable to connect, you may want to try starting a BlackBerry Device software reload without the battery inserted then reinsert the battery after the software reload has started.

This KB article provides further steps. www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Hi, I am having the same problem. I tried the reload as suggested and my screen is still white! I have managed to back up and update my phone so it must be connecting. Don't know what to do. Please help!
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: celcom

Still cannot detect the connection from my pc.....when try to update it says no desktop software to update