Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Tmobile

White Screen of Death and Wipe Did Not Work

Hello - 
I purchased my Blackberry 8900 a year ago and TMobile is my carrier.  

I experienced a white screen of death on my Blackberry 8900 last nite while talking on it. It just dropped the call and the screen went white.  I shut it off then back on, white screen appeared after reboot.  I pulled the battery and left it out for 15 min, inserted it again and rebooted - still white. 

I searched online and found a lot of info. My phone is recognized by the Desktop Manager software.  I was able to back up all of my data and applications.  I deleted all of the data on my phone through the DM as well (or thought I did - I can't tell if it worked or not).  I downloaded the current version of the OS from TMobile for reinstallation.  

I downloaded JL Cmder to fully wipe the phone.  JL Cmder did not work on my home machine (Win 7) but I finally got it to work on my work machine (Vista) today.  

I selected the wipe option (4) and JL Cmder successfully connected with the phone.  The phone rebooted and I got happy, but on phone reboot I did NOT get the "507" error all of the how-to sites say I'm supposed to get.  The phone rebooted with the same white screen and no error message.   I've run the wipe command from JL Cmder a few times on the phone and it connects, reboots but I still get the white screen with no error message.  

Is there anything else I need to do to get this 507 error?  Or is my phone really dead?   

I want to do what I can before I shell out more $$ for another phone.  

Thanks in advance. 

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: White Screen of Death and Wipe Did Not Work

Is the device still recognized by Desktop Manager? If it is you try to reload the OS on your phone. If you download and install the OS on your phone and can go through the Application Loader to reload the OS to see if it starts working

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: verizon

Did you ever drop the phone as it might be a problem with the LCD,the LCD might be bleeding from inside and hence it shows the white screen...the same thing happened with my bold 9700 but later found out that the LCD was the root of the problem,i took it to a repair center that offered Blackberry Repair services and finally got it fixed....u might give it a shot at their website.....Blackberry 8900 Repair

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Tmobile

Thank you for your replies...