Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

White Screen on blackberry bold 9780...

I recently went to press the unlock button on my blackberry and noticed that the screen had gone all white, it has no hourglass or error number on it, just a white screen which fades to and from black as i unlock/lock my phone. i would greatly appreciate any help that would get me somewhere in terms of fixing my phone. thanks

Contributor
My Device: BB 9800
My Carrier: 02

Re: White Screen on blackberry bold 9780...

Hi RichTw

I would recommend a hard reset (pulling the battery whilst the phone is still on), failing that I would connect the BB to Desktop Manager and perform a back up, wipe and reload, this should eliminate any software issues the device has.

sent using my fingers :0
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

i have tried almost everything i can think of and find on the internet that would resolve any software problems somebody mentioned that it may be a hardware issue and it could be something to do with a loose connection in the screen, they also said that putting insulating tape over four solder points in the back fixed it for them. any ideas?

thanks

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Did you ever figure out how to fix this?? My phone will not let me see anything, it is the blank white screen completely. I don't know if it is a screen problem or something else? I just bought this phone (the 9780) too... Smiley Sad

My Carrier: Mts

Same problem this is a temperay fix becuase my carrier fix my phone what you need to do is lock your phone and wiggle press the the end key and the "P" key to reconnect the connection between the LCD and motherboard
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have had the same problem twice and both times I have taken my phone into my network provider (Vodafone) who have then sent the phone off for repair. This is covered under warantee and there is no charge. It can take up to 2 weeks to come back. 

Hope this helps.

My Carrier: Proximus

Some issue: I pushed the P button for a few seconds.I heared the sound like speed dial an then.. I had my screen again... Very very strange.

Highlighted
My Device: bold- 9780
My Carrier: o2

hi, the same thing has happened with my blackberry and i was wondering, see when you said about the back up and wipe thing, do you mean like wipe the whole phone? and get rid of everything on it so that its back to default cause theres a lot of stuff on my blackberry id like to keep ;/ any way around this?