Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

White Screen

Just picked up my bold for the first time today and I had a white screen.  I have piulled the batter several times with no luck.  Red light is on and phone will ring, but the screen is white.

Anyone help me!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: White Screen

The OS will probably have to be reloaded. Do you know if the Desktop Manager recognizes it when it's plugged into the computer?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: ATT

same problem happened to me..check out my post at this same forum...its called how to exit the blackberry platform

Andres Felipe Ventura
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: -

I have had my blackberry bold 9700 for 7 months now and after dropping it about a week ago, the screen now just freezes and goes white,  you can hear the sounds of txts coming in but nothing is on the screen.

WHat do I do??

I dont want to get a replacement cause I need my phone 24/7 but I might just have to try back it up on the computer!

Help me please...

adam

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: Orange

I have exactly the same problem as Adam.  Phoned Blackberry + they said talk to my service provider.  Phoned them and they said talk to the place I bought it from.  Went there + they said service provider.  They're all useless in my opinion.  Although along the way a woman said my LCD may have been cracked? 

My Device: Not Specified

Websites are always helpful in one way or the other, anyways, It's a good way to get started to renovate your dreams into the world of reality.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook
My Carrier: Unlocked

Same issue. I've tried OS changes, battery pulls, hard reboots. Nothing works.
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: orange

Okies, any solution to this??  I have this problem now after dropping my phone.  I've taken it apart and the screen is not broken.  I've taken the screen off and put it back on and it's just white - nothing that I can see with my naked eye is broken.

Solution required please ! thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: engineer

try update ur software...or reflashing with the same version...dont forget to backup your data......

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook
My Carrier: Unlocked

As it turns out, something inside the device which isnt immediately obvious related to the screen was broken. The reapir was covered by my warranty for free so all I had to do was send it over and i got a replacement one