Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

White Screen

To Whom It may Concern, 

I have owned my Blackberry 9780 for less that a year and a half. Already I am having problems with it. I get a white screen that appears when I turn the unit on. Frankly, I am nothing but utterly disaapointed with the quality of the product that I have received from RIM. So much so, that even as someone that has patronized your product over the years over that of Apple, I am seriously considering switching to the new Iphone. This is simply because a product, that Ive paid an arm and a leg for, lasting less that a year and a half is just terrible. I am exteremely upset about the fact that I have to go out of my way to have this phone fixed. I am hoping there is a quick fix for this problem I am having as I depend on smart phone related services for a lot of things. Otherwise, I will have no choice but to look for another manufacturer help me in the future.

T

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: White Screen

Before you jump ship, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software. You'll need to reload your OS. Have a look at this article from RIM: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

I hope that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: White Screen

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, I cannot access the blackberry, even following the instructions you provided, as the white screen does not allow me to see the prompt on the screen. I do not get a "device detection" notice on my desktop either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks