Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: curve 8900

White screen of death and wont connect to computer

Ok, so today my phone decided to freeze when I tried to unlock it. I tried resetting it by removing the battery and now it gets stuck on a white screen when I turn it on.

After the battery is put back in, the red light comes on for a bit, then the phone loads up and sits on the egg timer for a while before going to a white screen with a yellow light flashing (but that might just be because it needs a charge)

Iv looked around the internet for help and can see that I need to connect it to the desktop manager however my mac wont recognize the phone and all the tutorials I find are for windows. Is there a way to force my computer to recognize it? (bearing in mind I cant access ANYTHING from the phone)

So if anyone could help me answer this question which im sure has been answered thousands of time then I would be extremely greatful! 

I hate this phone. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: White screen of death and wont connect to computer

Hi alexonline,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Try following this KB article to reload your device software. You may need to allow up to 10 minutes for it to be detected by the Desktop Manager. http://bbry.lv/aPab3B

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!