Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bb 8520
My Carrier: digicell

White screen of death

After replacing the digitizer on my 8520 and inserting the battery the red light appeared then I got a white screen. I left it for a while and when I came back I realize that the screen was still white but the green light keep blinking indicating life, I even called the number to make sure and it rang. I removed and reinserted the battery about 3 times but no change . Can anyone help me out here plzzzz

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: White screen of death

Hey gregz,

Thanks for this additional info over your previous post. Based on what you just wrote here, I'm going to say that it's likely the same thing I suggested before... a bad digitizer. Where did you buy the digitizer from? If you got it online, contact the seller and tell them its not working and see if they can send you another one. Also make sure that you have the correct digitizer part number for your device. I seem to remember that there may be two different versions for the 8520 (sorry, I'm not sure what they are), which could explain why it isn't working.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: bb 8520
My Carrier: digicell

they wont send me another but i believe it the wrong part....but thanks anyway....i guess i just sell it to one of thoes third party tech stores
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BB Bold
My Carrier: Indosat

something wrong in your blackberry software, try to install OS