Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Who's the daddy?..

Need support and who ever solves the problem first will become a hall of fame member need help with configuring bis or bes as device isn't allowing Internet access even knows it's allowing b b m called vodafone they say I'm all good so I guess it's down to the person with the most knowledge is the winner
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Who's the daddy?..

no need to double post in the forums.. once is enough.

When you go to your Setup Email icon... what happens when you click on it?

Do you see a personal email setup AND a Enterprise Activation icon?

Also, On your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status.
What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

As for the email setup it doesn't give me the choice it's totally gone and when I click on email inbox it says no message services configured you will only be able to save draft.. And as for connections blackberry Internet service not connected and blackberry enterprise server not connected thanks
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

JSanders is offline at the moment, so I'd like to take a crack at being your hero.  Smiley Wink

If your email setup icon is gone, you need to reload your OS; that's the only way to get it back again (however, I've never heard of it disappearing for anyone else).

Plug your phone into your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has been recognized, click Device at the top of the software then Restore from the drop-down menu.  Choose the most recent restore point and reload it.

Once your email setup icon is back, try once again to set up your email account(s) and let us know how far you get.

I hope that helps you and I become your hero and live the rest of my life with that label.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Mrc123 wrote:
 And as for connections blackberry Internet service not connected and blackberry enterprise server not connected thanks

Then you are not connected to any BlackBerry Data services and likely don't have the BlackBerry Data Plan provisioned to your device.

Call your mobile provider and MAKE SURE the BlackBerry Data Plan is on your account.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I really should read each post entirely; I didn't even see that.

For the record, I would have responded similarly to that part of the post but in order to get your email icon back, reload your OS. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.