Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Why Does My Curve 9300 Keep Freezing

Why does my BB Curve 9300 keep freezing? 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Why Does My Curve 9300 Keep Freezing

I don't know.  You haven't explained what is happening.  Can you give us some details on what is happening?

Also, I notice you have your phone number listed in your profile. It is unwise to post your phone number there for all the Internet world to see and possibly harvest for spam use. At the top of the page click on My Settings and go to personal information and remove your phone number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thank you. Whatever screen I'm in at the time, it suddenly freezes and the hand on the small square 'hour-glass' in the centre of the screen continues to spin around. I then remove the battery to release the 'freezing' and after the 'hour-glass' spins around again for a short time, the phone reverts to normal.  

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

When did it start? Did you install anything? Did you update any apps?

Also, how much free application memory do you have? Go to Options and type Memory in the search.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

It started a few months ago. Application Storage - Free Space :8.3MB and Media Card Storage - Total Space : 1.8GB and Free Space : 338.2MB. I haven't added or changed any of the app's. 

Guru II

The reason it's freezing all the time is you are out of application memory.

I recommend installing BlackBerry Desktop Software and making a full backup of the device. Then do a Security Wipe. You can do the wipe by going to Options and type security wipe in the search bar. Don't include the media card but include 3rd party apps. You can install those again later via BBWorld.

When it's done, you can restore only the databases you really need like email, calendar, contacts, etc.

When you're all done make sure that media is saved to the media card. I recommend getting a much bigger card so you have room for pictures and videos. You don't want that data saved on the device memory.

New Contributor

Thank you so much for your kind assistance.