Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: chinamobile

Why can't I install Print To Go?

Hello everyone. I have a problem with installing the Print To Go on my PC with Windows 7.

It can be installed but then rollback and telling me like this :
" The wizard was interpreted before Print To Go 1.0 could be completely installed.
Your system has not been modified.To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. "

Has anyone encounter this problem?
Any suggestions?
THX.
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Why can't I install Print To Go?

I have similar problem. It is stuck at the final step never ends. Anyone can help? thx

New Contributor
My Carrier: chinamobile

Is there any suggestions? THX
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Add me to list - it gets to the end and just hangs.  Can't install it on Windows 7 at all.

New Contributor

Add me to list - it gets to the end and just hangs.  Can't install it on Windows 7 at all.

New Contributor

FINALLY figured this out - no thanks to RIM.

I have a Dell laser printer.  The Software that monitors the Dell printer and print driver won't let Print To Go install correctly.  If you have a Dell printer (or maybe even HP, who knows?) and there's a little icon in your systray of a printer, this is probably causing your problem.

There's no wasy way to exit the software, so on Windows 7:

1)  hit CTRL+ALT+ESC to open task manager

2)  Click on the Processes tab and look for these four executables:  dlpsp.exe, dlsdbnt.exe, dlsbnt.exe, and dlupdr.exe

3)  Right click on each one and choose "End Process Tree" and make sure they disappear

4)  Locate the PrintToGo installer.  Right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator"

5)  Click yes at the security prompt

6)  Once the software installs, reboot your computer to re-launch the Dell software.  PrintToGo will work just fine

That's what fixed it for me.  If any of you have a Dell printer, you might want to try it.  If you have an HP printer, look for HP software that might be running and preventing the print driver from installing.

Also, disable anti-virus first just to cover all your bases.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook model RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Bell/ALiant

I got (get) the exact same wording that you get  when trying to install. no idea what they are talking about.. I gave up actually, as I didnt have time to persue it further. maybe someone will come up with a comment to help..

lcp_xiaomai wrote:
Hello everyone. I have a problem with installing the Print To Go on my PC with Windows 7.

It can be installed but then rollback and telling me like this :
" The wizard was interpreted before Print To Go 1.0 could be completely installed.
Your system has not been modified.To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. "

Has anyone encounter this problem?
Any suggestions?
THX.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: None

I tried this.  It kept saying that it could not complete the installation... but it did.  Check your control panel>printers.  Mine had a printer called 'Print to Go'.  I clicked on it and the printer box opened.  I dragged a picture to it and the 'sign in' box pulled up.  The sign in info is the Email Address and Password you used when you set up your Blackberry Acct at the Blackberry.com site.  It then popped up with a bunch of boxes to enter a pairing code.  Go to your Playbook and open Print to Go.  Pull down your menu from the top and go to settings.  TRhen click on pairing - a code pops up.  Enter the code 'EXACTLY' how it is laid out (it is case sensitve).  I then hit send.  It appeared in the Today box in Print to Go.  Click on it, and it opens in PDF.  So, just because it says it didn't complete the install - it may have.  Try the above instructions and see!  Hope it works for you.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: None

It may have installed anyway. On mine, it said it couldn't complete but it did. Look in control panel>printers. If you have a Print to Go printer shown, double click to open the printer box. Drag a doc to it. A box opens asking for name and password (this is the EMAIL and Password given to set up your account at Blackberry.com). Then a box pops up asking for a pairing code. On your Playbook, open Print to Go. Pull down your top menu and go to settings, then pairing; a code pops up- enter it Exactly as it is, case sensitive. It will pair then send your document to your screen in Print to Go on Playbook. Hope it works for you!
New Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: bell

Good Idea but I tried it and it doesn't work for me. 

My problem is that the system either jams or I get an error message when I try to put my BlackBerry ID password.  Win 7 Pro.  On the other hand it works just fine on my Win 7 starter edition machine.

Besides for the version of Windows the only difference I can come up with at the moment. that the Win 7 Starter deosn't have Adobe Acrobat Pro that the Win 7 Pro machines do have.