Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Orange

Why does blackberry receive email I've sent from my outlook desktop computer?

If I send an email from my desktop computer at home it comes through on my blackberry too.  In the user guide it says I should be able to choose Options, email settings, press the menu key and choose Folder Redirection and then uncheck or check the box beside my email address - in my blackberry (8320 version 4.5 supplied by Orange) the check box is unchecked but I cannot click to activate it or do anything and under the menu key there are no more options about Sent folder - can anyone help as Orange don't know how to do this and say it's something to do with outlook as when I send an email using the BT browser it doesn't come through to my blackberry.

Please can anyone help?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Why does blackberry receive email I've sent from my outlook desktop computer?

I have the same problem with my Pearl2 however it doesn't matter if I send an email from outlook or the browser I get the same result. I'm with O2 and my email is with Sky (which is really google mail). I contacted Sky about it they blamed outlook even though I said it happened without outlook.

I set up a Hotmail account and it's fine so that tells me it is something to do with either the way the BB service from O2 connects to Sky or the way sky are handling things.

What I did notice is if you look at the message headers it looks to me like they are two different emails.

The first email is from my email address to the receipient,

Reply-To: <name@sky.com>
To: <receipient@domain.co.uk>
References: <003b01c96abb$8d20b790$a76226b0$@com>
In-Reply-To: <003b01c96abb$8d20b790$a76226b0$@com 

the second email says

Return-Path: <name@sky.com>
Received: from computername (5ad296e4.bb.sky.com []) by
 mx.google.com with ESMTPS id s1sm38904uge.27.2009.
 (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=RC4-MD5); Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:29:43 -0800 (PST)
Reply-To: <name51@sky.com>
To: <name@domain.co.uk>

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Why does blackberry receive email I've sent from my outlook desktop computer?

please read this article in the public Knowledge Base :

Duplicate sent email message arrives on BlackBerry smartphone when sent using Gmail

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: