Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Why does photos taken get reduced in size only when emailed?

I can take great high res photos but every time I ask to email it says "the attachment file maybe reduced in size"  this doesn't happen in Facebook or when I bbm the photo and I never had this happen with my old Tour phone.  I really need this high res photo for the newspaper!

Help! Tracey

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Why does photos taken get reduced in size only when emailed?

can you detail step by step what you do to email the picture?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

So what I see happen is that I take a picture, select the picture, and use the BB key to send the picture in an email. It then notifies you that the picture will be reduced in size, but it reduces it to a terribly small version (5kb). I have tried attaching it to emails in various ways with all size setting available, and can't seem to reconcile the issue. I have a 9810 and know that people with different BBs don't seem to have this issue. Any insight? The help section of this site says that the BB operating system is the one that drives this reduction, not a corporate server requirement. Thanks.

Highlighted
Guru I

when I select a picture and send it by email, I have a popup window that asks me three choices :
- reduce a lot the picture
- reduce a bit the picture
- do not reduce the picture
Do you have those options?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

No, that's the weird part. It just tells me that's it's reducing the file size. Any idea if this is a BB server setting (managed by an IT group)?
Guru I

I don't know. But if you contact your corporate IT admin, he can probably tell you.