Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Telcel

Re: Why does the Desktop software tell me there are "no writable calendars?"

My options are "icloud" or "yahoo". Don't see "on my mac". Do you know why?

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Why does the Desktop software tell me there are "no writable calendars?"

I have my iCal data showing on various devices on my icloud. Not sure if this is the best way, but it worked for me. (confess, I'm a non-techie) I went into my system preferences on my Mac, then clicked onto  iCloud, I then deselected my 'Calendars & Reminders'. A warning came up stating that: "If you stop using iCloud for Calendars & Reminders, calendars and reminders stored in iClould will be deleted from this Mac."  I took a deep breath and deleted the infomation from the Mac. Then went to my Calendar menu bar - file - New calendar, and clicked onto it. 

I then created a New Calendar, naming it "BlackberryCal" signed out and restarted my MacBook Pro. I then commenced syncing my BB 9900, with the calendar that is now shown as part of the syncing options. I went back to my system setting and reactivated my iCloud. This brought back all of the original data that were on the Mac. They were never touched on my other devices i.e., iphone etc.