01-25-2012 12:39 AM
have you done a hard reset on the playbook?
Hold down the volume up key, volume down key, and power button at the same time and hold it for about 15 seconds.
01-25-2012 12:51 AM
Thanks for your reply. I held it down and the Playbook rebooted but no luck. Also reinstalled the desktop software, tried another USB port on the Mac and tried it on my old PC. The PC detected the Playbook but coulnd't find the software, probably because I'm using and old version of Windows.
01-25-2012 12:57 AM
We can check another setting.
On your PlayBook, in the Storage and Sharing settings,set USB Connections to Automatically Detect
It may be set to Connect to Mac.
01-25-2012 08:21 AM
I changed it from Connect to Mac to Automatically Connect. When I made the connection, the Playbook said it was connected to the computer but when I started the desktop software it says it wasn't connected.
I told the software to forget the device so now it doesn't work at all, even when I unplug and plug back in again.
01-25-2012 10:35 PM
1. Go to the widget at the top right hand of your PlayBook screen
2. About screen, choose Network from the pop-up menu
3. Note the IPv4 address under the USB heading (should begin with 169);
4. Mac Finder, Go menu, select Connect to server;
5. Enter smb://169. and the rest of the IP address found in step 3 and hit return;
6. Open a Finder window and you should see the IP address under the Shared Devices heading. Double click on the IP address and you should then see the two folders in the top directory of your PlayBook.
If this doesn't work, give playbook support a call
01-25-2012 10:57 PM
Keep us posted!