Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: at&t
Accepted Solution

Why don't you support Toyota Entune App?

I have a blackberry 9810 from work and this is my first blackberry. I personally don't like the fact that there are hardly any apps that I can't get that everyone else with an android or Iphone can get.

This phone is from work and all of us sales reps are pushing for Androids / Iphones which i think we can get in August. We also have the option for the Z10 though I doubt I will get it because of the lack of capabilities/apps like this.

Just curious if we will be able to get the Entune app or if there is a workaround?

Thanks!

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 S/W 10.1.0.2006 Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16618
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Why don't you support Toyota Entune App?

[ Edited ]

The only work-around I have is actually pairing the Z10 to 2013 Toyota and able to use it for phone calls only.  None of the features of Navigation, nothing on Internet.  I turned off connection to music because that is what locked-up my Z10.  It keeps sending a pop-up reading that it cannot find music files.  This is a secure work phone.  I do not use it for music files.  So, I took a .wav file of a voice mail message where all I say is yes.  It would not take a blank message.  Then, I sent the e-mail to the Z10.  Then, I opened the .wav file.  Then, I saved the .wav file on the Z10.  Now, finally, I can connect the Z10 to the 2013 Toyota.  So, I can use the phone on the steering wheel.  That's all I've got, if that is what you mean by a work-around, rajc5b ?

I also got out my BlackBerry Bold 9870 and paired it to the Toyota and can also make and answer calls on the steering wheel.

I called Toyota who wrote the entune app.  They state that they in the future will work on the app for Z10.  Really sad actually, rajc5b.

I bought apple's new product.  Took it back. 

I bought the Android and I will give it apps.  I had a HTC.  Took that right back.

Maybe if I had bought the Samsung Galaxy. 

I bought the BlackBerry Z10.  I am keeping it.  Best BlackBerry phone I've had and I have had 10 BlackBerry phones going back to beginning and before that had many other phones.

I just went to BlackBerry World, and it doesn't even take you to a screen that entune doesn't work on Z10, rajc5b.  Of course they should do that.  Instead on a Google search I got to this :

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/53776/?platform=QNX&countrycode=US&lang=en_us&usera...

That supposedly is entune.  But, everything is now blanked-out on it, so you cannot even see the poor review rankings.

Sad, again.

I did download when I bought the Z10 several of the higher rated free apps.  I have seen no less than about 5 updates for each.  Every couple of days, they send me notices a new release is out of each.  Really sad.  I am not wasting my time uploading new app s/w releases every 5 minutes.

With the help of folks on this forum donating their time, I have a working phone.

Just none of the features of entune.

Except the phone works.

Well, sort of.  Remember the .wav file me saying yes I saved on the Z10 ?

I hear that in the car about every 3 minutes.  Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Before that, I had a pop-up saying no music files found.

How absolutely bloody silly.

I need a pop-up to tell me that ?

That pop-up pops-up every 5 seconds.  Can never get to do anything on the BlackBerry Z10 because of it.  Totally locks it up.

Now, I can use it but listen to yes now every 3 minutes.

So, no.

Give Thumbs-Up if helps you, or say Solution Accepted, or say Like.
My Device: blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Why don't you support Toyota Entune App?

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 I have a link to the entune app that works on my bold when you first start it you will get a miising backgroud page. At that point hit the blackberry button and you should get to the apps page. Then hook up to the car. Workes for me http://www.theiexplorers.com/OTA/ToyotaEntune/ToyotaEntune.jad