Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: China Mobile

Re: Why has IMAP/sync suddenly stopped working?

Hi there, I have had your issue before and it is not a RIM or BB issue, it is with Gmail itself. You have to configure your gmail properly to work well with you BB device. On your Gmail logged in on a computer in the gmail window mailbox, go to mail settings, should be at the top righthand side, from there there are some tabs accross the top, make sure that always enable https is not enabled, let google decide for you when you hould have https on or off since a mobile device connection will not always operate on https, secondly, make sure both imap and pop are enabled. also make sure your device is fully activated and your service books include the ical cmie and sync @ your.gmail inside. if your sync service book is missing, you can still send and recieve but 2 way sync will not happen. I also use the 2-step authorization which works great, a bit of a oain to set up but once done correctly it works really well. I am from Canada and currently working in China, been here for over a year, eventhough they have the greatfirewall of china, and crappy mobile service, my 9700 bold works flawlessly. I hope this may help you, as I can assure you this is a gmail issue. 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Torch 9800

Re: Why has IMAP/sync suddenly stopped working?

It is a real shame when this kind of thing happens and RIM loses another customer.

Theses devices are very complicated now, and getting real support seems difficult

to say the least. Searching on Google gives you more misinformation than anything

useful most of the time, and I find the blackberry forums etc are not kept very up to

date or accurate. Usually there is no mention of the model/device that the issue

applies to, or of the OS version.

That said, the purpose of my post is to offer a possible solution. I was having

the same issue (sync to one email account was not working), and it was

driving me crazy for a while, and I finally resorted to deleting and re-adding

the email account, and while it did cause havoc with my contacts, calendar, etc

it did NOT solve the problem.

In the end what worked for me was OptionsSmiley Very Happyevice:Advanced:Host Routing Table,

then menu key and 'Register Now'. After a few minutes a message came through

saying 'Registration complete' or some such (sorry I have no deleted it) and my

email account started to sync perfectly (both ways!). I access that account from

my bb, laptop, playbook and a web interface.

Note: This is a Torch 9800 with OS 6.0 bundle 2647

(From OptionsSmiley Very Happyevice:About Device Versions)

Maybe this will help someone else out there

-J