Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9860
My Carrier: Vivo Brasil

Wi-Fi Router

I have Blackberry 9860, and i need to use my phone if a Wireless modem,, but only 7.1 Blackberry do this. I don't update to 7.1 on my Blackberry, Vivo stop on 7.0.290 . Have a program in App World to Blackberry is used in  Wifi Router mode? 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Wi-Fi Router

Hi Gabrielbertato,

Thanks for your Post..!!

Nope, you can't, where you can use it as modem using Blackberry Desktop manager with USB cable but in that you should have appropriate data plan activated on your SIM.

Hope this will help your query..

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9860
My Carrier: Vivo Brasil

But in 9860 i don't use the 7.1 system? I need to buy a new phone to use wifi router when RIm have a new version but some phones don't install. Whay this? The plan i have, but use with my iphone conected in wifi router (in Blackberry) is not possible because dont't have router in 7.0
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You mean that you want to use your BlackBerry as a mobile hotspot.

You can install another provider's operating system release to your BlackBerry.

You can download version 7.1.0.569 and use it.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=471C75EE6643A10934502BDAFEE1...

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file above to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

Note: Some users might worry they will void their device warranty by loading an OS from another carrier. There is really nothing to worry about. Please read more information on that here: http://www.port3101.org/power-users/296-blackberry-os-upgrade-including-betas-myths-dispelled.html

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Javelin 8900
My Carrier: Axis

I have try this to my blackberry, it's only can use bluetooth modem
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

moniko17 wrote:
I have try this to my blackberry, it's only can use bluetooth modem

Again, wrong. Please refrain from posting in threads about which you have no idea what you're saying.

The 9860 does have the function to be a mobile hotspot.

Your (Moniko) device (8900) does not.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

9860 on OS 7.1 can be a mobile hotspot if your carrier supports it, increased charges may be added depending on carrier.

My carrier charges extra for it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V