Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Wi Fi

I recently went away to Hawaii from BC. 4 of us had i-Phones and I had my Blackberry Bold 9700. To avoid costs we all turned off our mobile plan "Data Services". I was instructed by my service provider that I simply activite WiFi when I am at a location and then I can get all my e-mails and surf the web. Well, all of the i-phone people did just that and they were getting all of their e-mails and surfing the web like here at home. On my phone. everyt time I registered onto a the Wi Fi network, which the phone would do and it told me I was connected and had a strong signal strength, my phone would only pop up a window that said something like "Cannot connect to the Network, call network provider for assistance".  That was the case for 2 weeks where ever I went. The i-phone and i-pad people were always connected like nothing, everywhere, and my Blackberry would never open up e-mail or intrernet at all. Can someone tell me what the problem is ? Or is it simply solved by moving over to i-phone as soon as I can break my plan ? Too bad because i like the BB as a device and I think the i-phone is physically a big, clunky, brick ...

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Wi Fi

I have the same problem right now. My carrier is Bell. In fact I am currently on a conference call with BB tech support and Bell support (who has put us on hold!!!).

Just got off the phone with BB Tech support (upper tier - Name was Joe Washington). If you can get him - get him.

Basically we backed up, reset the phone to factory settings. He resent the new software. We checked that it was working - which it was and VOILA! Done.

He then made sure that I retorede properly and it worked well.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks. I will give that a try ... You went to BB live support as opposed to Bell live support, is that right ? I am on Telus and when i spoke to them before it was like they hardly know BB equipment
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

I started with the BELL Support who then transfered me to the BB support.