Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: t-mobile
Accepted Solution

Wi-fi not connecting, help?

Hi, I am trying to connect my Blackberry Curve 8520 to my own wi-fi at home, but it will not connect me to the router?

its says to enter a pin to the router... I have watched videos on youtube and followed them step by step, but yet it still does not connect, this is what I have done:

-went to main menu

-clicked on 'manage connections'

-made sure the 'wi-fi on' box is ticked

-then clicked 'set up wi-fi network'

-scan for networks

-clicked on the network which is my router

-then it comes up saying

'Provisioning Wi-Fi Profiles...

Enter this PIN into your wireless router: 18104707

Time remaining 4:11.'

Could someone please help me with this problem asap?

Many thanks,

Kirsty x

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Wi-fi not connecting, help?

kirstymarieambermurphy wrote:

'Provisioning Wi-Fi Profiles...

Enter this PIN into your wireless router: 18104707

Time remaining 4:11.'

When you get to this step, tap your Escape key (right of the trackpad) and you should be presented with the pre-Shared Key method and asked to enter the "password" of your router connection.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you so much! I finally got it working!

Thanks again, much appreciated!

Kirsty x

Smiley Happy  You are very welcome.

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Hi, I put a post a couple of hours ago with similar problem, unable to connect to our wifi,

I had not got to the stage of being given a pin number.  So I followed this thread and got a pin.  Unfortunately, having pressed the escape key it did not then come up with a box to put in the pin number so I timed out.  My phone is a curve 8520, is this different? 

New Contributor

No, after you press the escape button click on manually add network and it should work from there, thats how I done itSmiley Happy 

hope this helps you

New Contributor

Thanks for your response.  Just had another go and clicked on Manually add network, but the only box to appear was the one saying Type the Network Name SSID.

I did try putting it in that box, though when I set it up in he first place I had to type in the Belkin SSID, so clearly I still havent got hte correct box as that didnt get me anywhere, I have undone that  now..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  You have the same phone, I didnt notice that before.  I dont think it is a router issue as my wife's pearl is happily connected.

Just allow your BlackBerry to automatically find the WiFi router.

When it asks for a PIN to be entered into your router, hit the escape key and go to the manual setup where you will enter the router password.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I too have the Beklin router,

if you have a computer, go onto that and then where your network connects normally right bottom corner click on the appropriate network

-then right click that

-then click properties, 

after doing that a box should appear on the top tab being 'security'

-tick the box which says 'network security key'

mine has letters and numbers- thats the key for when your mannually setting yours up on blackberry

then the ssid is found by clicking the 'connection' tab!

this will then show you the 'ssid' enter this into your blackberry 

hope this helps! :$

New Contributor

oh dear, I am dragging this out!!  Thanks folks for yoru patience.  My wife connected so easily with her new pearl.

I have the network SSID and password and had set up a connection, in that the name of it appears in the mobile.  When I click on the manually set up section, it tells me that a network with that name already exists.  I have a pin which it generates, but still cant get anywhere to put it.  When I click on the escape button it takes me back where I started.  Its very odd. 

Don't know if this is useful info, but under the Services Status it has connection :mobile network, but under Blackberry Enterprise Server t has :not connected.  Mobile Network :edge, Network provider: vodaphone, Wifi network:not connected.  Under the Wifi network section  it has not connected on all three things.

Please post again if you have suggestions, I need to sign off now as our grandchildren are due to arrive any minute, but I shall return to this tomorrow!!  I need to get to the bottom of it, like a dog with a bone.  This is my first smartphone and I WILL ge to grips!!!

Thank you so much for the help you are giving, I appreciate you taking the time.