Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Wi-fi problems

My wi-fi will connect to a network, and I will see the green check mark, but when I actually try to log in to something on the Internet it wont open it. I get a message saying that I am not in a zone with wi-fi or on a contract that offers data so i need to call my provider or move to a wi-fi zone. Why is it doing this?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Wi-fi problems

Hello Jessicabodnar,

Welcome to the Community

Please click on Menu (Blackberry Sign) > Option > Advance Option > Browser > Select Default Browser Configuration to Hotspot Browser & then try.

Goodluck

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telus

omg, thank you so much! it worked Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor
My Device: 8230
My Carrier: t-mobile

I have the same problem, tried this, tried rebooting, all to no avail. My bb shows my home wifi, the green blinking light, even the signal strength, but when I try the browser, it keeps saying 'can't connect' blah blah.. The browser IS set to hotspot, and I rebooted,
I'm on a T-Mobile sim card and bought this phone to have access to my own wifi and not have to go with a data plan. It was supposed to work for that, but it doesn't.
My Device: blackberry pearl 9105 smartphone
My Carrier: vodafone

I use bb pearl,Wi-Fi network is connected but  see only a blue check mark on the left hand side box,the check box on right shows a dash,instead of a green check,the network details are shown,however the signal strength is -56dBm,There is NO connection to the network,Please help,want to access internet without using data plan,my service provider is AT&T-Vodafone IN- Virus