Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Wi-fi troubleshooting

Hi, I'm having trouble to connect via a Wifi network.

My network is setup properly, even the name of the network appears next to the name of my carrier "Rogers". The wifi diagnostic tool doesn't show anything not normal (the IP address is okay, signal strengh also, etc.). But, even though everything seems find, the little "WiFi" icon still shows grey out the main screen and no network name next it, thus not enabling me to use the wifi capabilities.

Any solutions for that?

thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Wi-fi troubleshooting

I actually found the solution myself to this problem. First, you must know that your phone is setup to always use the strongest signal possible, which more than often will be the Mobile Network signal and not the WiFi one. In any case, even if the WiFi sign is still greyed out, it will work properly. If the name of the network you want to logon appears next to the carrier name, in my case Rogers, then your OK. However, if you want to be sure to be on the WiFi network and not the mobile network from your carrier, you must ask him to block your phone from accessing the DATA services. Otherwise, the phone might automatically switched from one signal to another and you may get billed for it without even knowwing you were using it!

Hope this is useful info!