Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320 Software V7.1.0.398
My Carrier: Vodafone - UK

Wi- fi

Hi, just purchased a curve 9320. I cannot get it to connect to my home wi-fi. It is WPA and I have entered the correct pass phrase but I get an error message "Failed to associate with the network" I have also noticed that it dwhen it scans for available networks I now only get my home network, previously it found half a dozen!

I do not get the little blackberry logo top right on the phone screen, is this signifiicant? but do get GPRS and sometimes EDGE

Thanks for your help and advice.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Wi- fi

brantonrhino wrote:

Hi, just purchased a curve 9320. I cannot get it to connect to my home wi-fi. It is WPA and I have entered the correct pass phrase but I get an error message "Failed to associate with the network" I have also noticed that it dwhen it scans for available networks I now only get my home network, previously it found half a dozen!

I do not get the little blackberry logo top right on the phone screen, is this signifiicant? but do get GPRS and sometimes EDGE

Thanks for your help and advice.

Hi 

Read this article.

Unable to browse the internet over a Wi-Fi connection

Thanks!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Contributor

Have been in touch with Vodafone and they infom me my contract is provisioned with full blackbery services, so not any further forward. They had no advice to offer!

Forums Advisor III

Ok. Please read this article on how to refresh your Service Book.

How to clear and refresh the service book database if the BlackBerry smartphone is unable to send or...

Hope it helps.

Good luck!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Contributor

Hi, I have done as per task 2 & 3 but it has not made any difference. I am a complete novice so please forgive the below questions:

1.  after complting task 3 what should I do? I noticed I got a message from Blackberry registration saying "Your handheld has been registered to the wireless network - what does this mean?
  2. I tried to connect to my home wireless network, the settings were still on the phone, but I still got the message "failed to associate with the network"
  3. I then noticed that the phone was asking me to set up email. I did so but this doesn't seem to be working either.

Any further help much appreciated.

A significant factor in me buying a BB was so I could get emails and connect over my home wireless network. I've spent hours and hours trying to sort it out and got nowhere.

When I took it back to Phones 4u they said it was working fine but they never actually connected to a network, they simply saw the scan was working and had picked up loads of secure networks that they could not log on to.

Vodafone are useless. Now they've sold me the contract it seems anything other than receiving and making calls and text messages is beyond them. They say contact blackberry.

Forums Advisor III

So, there's no problem with your Service Book.

Emails works if you have active BlackBerry data plan. Make sure your Data Services is switch ON.

Thanks!

Contributor

Thanks for your help, how do I check if data services are switched on?

Forums Advisor III

Go to Options > Networks and Connections > Mobile Network, on the Data Services, change to On and hit Save.

Good luck!

Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for this, I can confirm data services are turned on but I still can't connect to my wireless network. Still get the same message about the device not associating with the network.

Forums Advisor III

Contact your service provider. Thanks!