Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

WiFi Connection on 8320 Closes Down Home Network - Please Help

Hello all (Warning - New BB User)

Have recently taken delivery of BB 8320 (Orange UK) all was going well, Internet sorted, e-mail sorted, BB Chat all up and running. Until I came to log on to my home Wireless network via WiFi on BB. Entered all the required security details etc and within a count of 20 seconds had lost my home network, only way to return network was power down Router and BB, leave BB off and let network restart. If I turn the BB on with WiFi activated it will close the home wireless network.

So what I have tried to do to correct this:

Reset old Router

Installed brand new Router (Linksys)

Updated OS on BB 8320

Hard wired Router to Home PC (BB still closes wireless network ie Laptop/Squeezebox both lose connection)

Asked family member with his BB to log onto my network using BB WiFi - Straight on and no problems

My settings/equipment is:

Router - Belkin FSD7632-4 ADSL with Wireless G Router (set to use both b & g)

WEP 128 - All entered onto BB

Home PC - Using XP

BB OS 4.5.0.52 Platform 2.7.0.66 (Orange UK) downloaded yesterday

BB set to use 802.11b/g

Any ideas/help would be appreciated

Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: WiFi Connection on 8320 Closes Down Home Network - Please Help

Hi and welcome to the forums!

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14677&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Blackberry problems documented with Belkin routers.

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi and thanks for the reply,

Sorry if I mislead, I have now changed the Router for a Linksys Router but with the same outcome. However, before I exchanged the Router I had my Bro-In-Law log on my home network via WiFi using his BB on the Belkin.....no problems all worked fine.

I am really confused now Smiley Sad

Thanks again

Shane

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Here is a guide for wi fi:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/3512/Wi-Fi_Implementation_Supplement.pdf

This is a post where they are troubleshooting a wireless network at home.  It might give you

some ideas.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&thread.id=2415

Let me know if this helps

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Not only Belkin routers, but any routers that aren't plain B or G routers seem to cause problems, draft N, anything with speed enhancing features.  If your Linksys isn't plain Jane 802.11g, that might be the cause.  Not sure about 4.5.0.52, but some OS also weren't so great for wifi.  

It's unusal that you've had 2 different types of routers reset.  In the US, Verizon Fios supplied Actiontec routers had some reboot problems, and some Belkin's did.  But normally it's the 8320 that reboots due to router problems. I have an Actiontec, and OS 4.5 on my 8320 seems to have fixed the problem, but I run a Linksys just to be sure. My first phone lasted just a month and would cause the Actiontec to reboot or would reboot itself.  On the Linksys, only the phone would reboot, not the router.  OS 4.2.1.184 seemed to help a lot, then the phone just died.  The warranty exchange phone I received has worked so much better, even the cell signal seems stronger.

If your family member has a similar device, then there just might be something wrong with your phone.  Maybe try to re-install the OS to make sure things aren't corrupted.  If that doesn't work, then maybe you'll have to warranty it.

New Contributor

Hi all

Thanks for your help and suggestions but I have just got Orange to exchange for new BB, will have to wait a week but fingers crossed it will sort problem. I will post here to let you know if the new BB does not have the same problem so others will know to exchange.

Thanks again