Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790, Playbook
My Carrier: U-Mobile

Re: WiFi connects; browser can't

Did you try to do all the settings correctly n then do a battery pull to restart your device (device must me on when doing a battery pull)
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Mobilink

I havn't done battery pull thing yet... ok i will try Smiley Happy

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers - Canada

I had the same issue with my Bold 9780 which was locked to Bell and got it from a friend, unlocked it and put a Rogers SIM card in it. I do not have a data plan. While WiFi is connected and active, the browser did not seem to connect ever. I tried a number of things suggested in other forums like disabling WMM Support under QoS (Linksys router WRT310N), playing with Radio Bands and Channels (this 9780 does NOT support 'N' Network Mode so I had to change my config to 'Mixed' on the router) but nothing really seemed to work. So I reverted back the WMM and the other settings except the Network Mode (left it at Mixed) Again no change. And THEN I said heck why not turn off the WIFI switch on my laptop in front of me just in case it was interfering with the Bold. And BAM!!! it worked on the spot!!! It's now connected at 48 Mbps. Great. I turned my laptop wifi back on and they've been both working for the last couple hours. Fingers crossed.

Of course this could have been just a big coincidence...

Now a special note: The browser icon on my Home screen automatically wants to go to a Rogers site but I always get 'There is insufficient network coverage to process your request Please try again later.' But if I type another address it will work.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone Ireland

I've been having the same problem with my Blackberry and it's getting annoying. Is there any way to fix it? 

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Korek

I got the same problem
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Du

New Contributor
My Device: black berry pearl 8220
My Carrier: safaricom

Same Problem here anyone with a solution??

jIENJOY