Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

WiFi for Blackberry 8330 Curve/Telus

Is there no upgrade for Blackberry 8330 Curve to be able to use WiFi?
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: WiFi for Blackberry 8330 Curve/Telus

Unfortunately no, the 8330 does not have a wi-fi adapter built into the device. The 8320 does have it however.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.

I am a new bb 8330 user. I know wi-fi is not included in this bb. But can I use a miniUSB wi-fi adapter on bb to get the wifi function?

ps, my plan is sprint unlimited data plan.

Thanks

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

I've never tried that. Blackberries are very secure devices so RIM would have to allow drivers to be written to make it work with a usb wi-fi adapter. So I'm just assumming that it wouldn't work.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

I Have A BB 8330 And I Was Going To Get The 8530 Cause It Had Wifi. And A Kewl Trackpad. Thats It. The 8330 Does Everything And More Then The 8530 Can.... My Theme Looks Like The One The 8530 Uses So Im Good. But I Still Want WIFI. Im Sure A Mini Usb wifi Adapter Would Work But Its Not The Same Size As The hole of the BB.... I Thought The Hole Was Micro USB. If It Is Mini Where Can I Find One. Cause I Need My Wifi.... I Dont Care About A Stupid trackpad of Glory. ^_^. Add Me If You Want. Pin = 3121F1D8.

Contributor

I just had this question come up with Cortado.com and ThinPrint.  I downloaded their program to allow me to print from my BB Curve 8330 to any WiFi printer, but it wasn't working.  Now I know why.  The BB 8330 is not WiFi enabled.  Thanks to this message center, I found the answer.  Many thanks,

Caplitcka