Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy

Wifi GN and Z10 phone

Hi to All,

I have tried to connect my BB Z10 to my wireless lan. I have two differents access points. The first one is a router based on zeroshell (http://www.zeroshell.net) that i set up to use a pure wireless N connection. The second one is a Netgear WN604 Access point that i set up to use the wireless GN connection. I can't set up the wireless as pure N. there is not the option.

The behavior if i try to connect the phone to the first access point is that i'm able to get internet connection and i can ping from Z10 the others devices inside my local lan.

The behavior connecting the phone to the second access point is that it can connect to the access point but i'm not able to pinging nothing in the local lan with my z10 but the other devices can ping my Z10 command (for examble using windows dos shell). It's a strange behavior. I don't  have issue using other devices with this access point.

After that i have set up  my Netgear to use the BG Wireless instead of GN Wireless. Using this setting i can ping all the device from this access point and i can connect to Internet.

my questions is:

Is it possible that BB10 can't use correctly the Access point set to use GN Wireless option?

Why does it work using the BG wireless?

Reading others forum i have seen that some user get the same behavior after connecting to their access point.

thanks for your help

LTM82

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy

Re: Wifi GN and Z10 phone

[ Edited ]

I have opened another thread in the correct path:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Wireless-connection-BUG-Z10/td-p/2643045

thanks