Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: STC

Wifi Hot spot + Bold 9900

it is possible to enable the Blackberry Bold 990 as Wireless Router?
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Wifi Hot spot + Bold 9900

Hi asad2020

This feature is not currently available on the BlackBerry.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Carrier: Vodafone

ITS NOT!?!?!?

What robbing idiots at Phones4U... That was the reason i got this phone!!!! x

My Carrier: Telus

I just got my Bold today, I've always been a Blackberry user however Hot Spot was something I was almost positive RIM's flagship phone would have.  I need to know if it is coming or not.  If you could give us a brief update on what is developing regarding it, I know tons of users would appreciate across this forum and many more.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

This will be the last blackberry I buy.  I was told by my rogers dealer that the bold 9900 could be set up as a router/hotspot.  Time to change to the iphone in 2 years i guess

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Re: WiFi Hot spot + Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

I loaded the latest Bold 9900 OS (7.1 Bundle 921) last week and surprisingly, the load went without a hitch.  Sadly, my previous experience with RIM updates (especially of the Desktop Manager) has been bloody awful.  I might have to change my tune, as not only did the update go perfectly, but now THERE IS A HOTSPOT FEATURE BUILT INTO THE BOLD 9900!!!!  And with a couple of simple setup steps, my iPad 2 connects to the Internet via my BlackBerry Telus 3G connection. 

Nice work RIM.  I don't know why I had to stumble onto the added feature (I only noticed the Hotspot option when I went to connect to a WiFi).  RIM must be run by a bunch of strange folks.  This feature is SO important that they should be running it up the flagpole.  Us Canadians are a bit quiet by nature, but c'mon, tell your clients when you do good!