Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Three UK.

Wifi Signal weak?

Hi,

I have just bought a 9810 and updated to the latest official OS from Telecom Serbia BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2061

I am experiencing very weak wifi signals. My Bold 9000, iPhone and laptop can recognise over 10 wifi networks around my house.

But the Torch 9810 cannot even recognise the one in my room, 10 ft away. However when I sit next to the Router it does recognise?

What's going on? Any help will be great!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Wifi Signal weak?

Let's start with a battery pull to clear up your phone and get rid of any nastiness that might be getting in the way.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Once you've done that, go to Manage Connections>Wi-Fi Network>Saved Wi-Fi Networks and delete the one you're speaking about.  You can then add it once again (once the battery pull has been done) to see if you have better luck on that attempt.

Please keep us posted on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thank you for such a quick reply, I did that but it still says no network found while all my other devices are already connected.

What else can I do?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Maybe there's something wrong with your phone's OS if you can't add your home Wi-Fi network. You could try reloading your OS using BlackBerry Desktop Software. I would normally suggest restarting your wireless modem but if other devices are connecting to it, there's probably nothing wrong with it.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Do you know what the most stable version is?

Highlighted
My Device: tourch
My Carrier: c&w

fix for black berry torch.......i got mines fixed ^^ its a hardware thing,,, theres a lil black cord with a round connection inside the phone that cord is pluged in on the mother board ,plug it out , then plug it back in into a conection located under the mother board ,,,,,

if u dont  get wat i mean ,, the cord is plug on  the top of the mother board  ,plug it out and reconnect it at the other side of the mother boad (under), idk how esle to explain it good luck ,, i would have  taken a pic's but i already put the back up and im lazy to take it down again ..