Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry 8320
My Carrier: vodafone in

Re: Wifi access, data roaming off

hi,even i face the same problem but even while im using my wifi i want my voice and sms to work....is there any way enableing that

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

sharath273 wrote:

hi,even i face the same problem but even while im using my wifi i want my voice and sms to work....is there any way enableing that

A mobile network connection is required for voice and SMS to work on your 8330 model.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Movistar

Hi,

I also have several questions about this subject.  

First of all I have a BES Data plan and my blackberry is activated through my work BES/Exchange server.

Right now I am on my home WIFI and turned off the following settings:

Mobile Network : OFF

Data Service : OFF

While Roaming: OFF

With the settings above I am still able to send/receive messages via wifi.  How is that possible via WIFI?  I would understand via a BIS but not BES account?  The data service aren't they suppose to go to the telephone local service provider?  

Also if I have the settings mentioned above turned OFF while I am travelling would I have romaing charges?

If I turn the mobile NEtwork ON for Cell phone purposes and the other two setting OFF would I be charge for roaming?

My last question would be

Thank you

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

pegasus_63, according to your device model and the is release install, BES services may or may not be available over a wifi only connection. It's not consistent between models. As long as your on wifi, your data should not be roaming, and yes if your yarn on your mobile network, you may be charged for roaming data OVER the mobile network.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code