Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: sfr
Accepted Solution

Wifi connecting solved but NO solution

Hi all, I obtained an 8320 BB from my son. It was linked to an Orange UK contract.

I unlocked it and succesfully use my SFR sim card here in FRANCE. I have tried to connect to my home WiFi router and other routers such as friends with the correct key, open wifi hot spots etc.

I am satisfied that the settings are correct both for the BB and my router.

If I try to connect to an open ORANGE router (in my local shopping centre) I get the Orange entry page. No problem. I have therefore concluded that either the BB still has something that Orange put in it to prevent it from connecting other than to Orange OR as Orange suggested it has not got the correct service books. They cannot send me these service books as I am not an Orange customer. (An excellent commercial gesture!)

I am sure this is one of the so far unmentioned reasons why we are all having problems.

Can anyone throw more light on this.

Henry

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Wifi connecting solved but NO solution

henrybarnett,

Just wanted to make sure you covered he basics and have done a complete wip of your BB device. You can do this by finding a clicking on Options > click on Security Options > Click on General Settings > press your Menu Key and select "Wipe Handheld"

You can also try downloading and installing both the Desktop Software and Device Software for your device model.

Hope this helps,

Office2Mobile
Poor Service and the Worst Support provided by VarDynamics http://vardynamics.com/
New Contributor

Re: Wifi connecting solved but NO solution

Just redone that.

Gone through the whole setup again.

Sees my router

connects via GPRS but will not use my router.

Mac address is on router / Browser set to Hotspot /

When it connects via GPRS it goes to Orange  Uk

What more can I do?

New Contributor

Re: Wifi connecting solved but NO solution SOLVED

Further to my last post I have GOOD NEWS for anyone in the same position i.e. You have a BB that has been unlocked from the provider (in my case Orange UK)and you’ve done everything that you can on the BB and you still cannot connect to your OPEN Wi-Fi router. Orange emailed me and said “The Blackberry needs to be de-registered and that can only be done by the person who had the BB and the Orange contract".