Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: iusacell

Wifi connection issue

I recently bought this unlocked phone from amazon (provider IUSACELL). I checked everything but not able to connect to my wifi. I open appword and it says "You do nto have sufficient wireless converage or yur connection to the wireless is turned off". Any siggesctions?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: Wifi connection issue

Dear vmahajan,

Have you subscribed to any BlackBerry Internet Service plan on with your mobile telecoms?

You must have a working BlackBerry Internet Service on your device before you are able to use BlackBerry services/appworld.

Connecting to WiFi will not connect you to BlackBerry services.

My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: iusacell

Ok. I understand. I do not have any BIS right now, neither did i insert any SIM card/use any telecom service. Since this is a new device i bought for my brother, i was exploring it before i give him. If i have to install facebook and whats app after i get BOS for a month or so, can i use these apps on 3G data?

Thanks

vm

Developer

Dear vmahajan,

You must be subscribed to BlackBerry Internet Service in order to use BlackBerry services.

FaceBook, is considered under BlackBerry Internet Service (BlackBerry App)

Whastsapp is not a BlackBerry Application (3rd Party), however, it has clearly stated as part of its requirements to use it to have BlackBerry Internet Service Enabled.

As such, once your BlackBerry Internet Service expires, your access to BlackBerry services ends. So you will not be able to access it again.

--
If this helps you, please like it!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8300 Curve
My Carrier: AT&T

How to use the 3G connection if I don't have an Internet Browser?
Developer

You wil need to get the BlackBerry Internet Service package before you can use the 3G network. Smiley Happy