Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Wifi connection problem

I can connect my BB Bold to my home wifi network (WPA with PSK) with absolutely no problems. The hotspot browser works (almost) faultlessly.

However, I cannot get it to connect to our wifi connection in the office. I can connect to the wifi access point with the relevant PSK but it doesn't get any further than that. The 'wifi' logo stays grey and when I try to browse the Internet with the hotspot browser it fails to connect.

Now, our wifi network in the office uses a Radius (proxy) server to authenticate browsing. So, for example, on my laptop the browser prompts you for you Radius user name and password before you can go browsing. I'm guessing that this is where the Bold is failing.

I've checked the wifi report and the device has been given a valid IP address but I don't see any info on default gateways and DHCP server that I'd have expected.

I cannot find anywhere in the Bold wifi or browser settings where I can put my proxy server authentication name and password to allow my requests to pass through to the Internet.

Does anyone know if this is possible using a BlackBerry or am I doomed?