Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: Beeline

Wifi hotspot

Hello

Have bought this device just for two functions - wifi hotspot for my tablet and voip calls.

Second is OK. But can't make hotspot. 7.1 OS is not available for my device and no other app for 6th OS can make it also. Where is solvation? All other OS and even symbian have this feature.

Hope i'll get it solved vEEry soon, otherwise sell device and never buy BB in future.

Regards Stan 

New Contributor

Re: Wifi hotspot

Perfect silence...
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given your post, I'm almost sure that you've already read this, but just in case:

• KB31857 How to setup and manage a Mobile Hotspot Connection

Note carefully please that HotSpot has two requirements -- OS7.1 and a data plan from your carrier that enables it. Not meeting either will prevent the use of HotSpot.

There is no way around the OS level requirement...it is what it is. You can I suppose seek out 3rd party app solutions, but given how deeply integrated the HotSpot function is to the OS, I doubt there are any.

Comparisons to other OS's are academically interesting, but not relevant to the actual situation...it is what it is.

bobmarlya wrote:
Perfect silence...

As to that...you only waited 10 hours. In a volunteer-contributed user-to-user community (which this is), it is customary and polite to wait 24 hours before "bumping"...after all, the other volunteers have their lives to live as well.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

As for now i can't find the solution from third party suppliers and also can't update to 7.1 (it does not exist for pearl 9105). I just wanted to find out if this kind of solution is expected for my phone in nearest furure otherwise i don't see the reason not to sell my device.

Thanx for reply anyway. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

bobmarlya wrote:

I just wanted to find out if this kind of solution is expected for my phone in nearest furure

Given the nature of this site (a user-to-user community, with Ts and Cs barring certain things), it is unlikely that anyone will be able to give you an answer to that "forward looking" question.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

I believe the Pearl pre-dates any hot spot feature. I had to get the 9810 when my 9800 did not have the hardware for becoming a hotspot. Prior to 7.1, I think users would use TetherBerry to connect their computers to their data plan.

Blackberries were designed with optimum features and battery life. As newer versions of an OS came out, some devices were just too old to run the newer OS. I think you need the 9810 or newer phones to run OS 7.1 for the hotspot.

Did anyone buy the first gen iPad? As an example, many users are upset it could not be upgradable to iOS 6.
New Contributor

As i know tetherberry could share internet connection only via USB or Bluetooth. It is strange that no solution from third party...
New Contributor

Got the the solution via bluetooth.
Working perfect even without BIS.