Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: BlackBerry Developer

Wifi in Blackberry storm 9530

Hi All,

Wifi configurations are not available in Blackberry storm 9530. How can I get wifi in 9530? I would like to access internet on 9530 either wifi or bluetooth? Can anybody suggest me in getting wifi on 9530??

Thanks guys

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Wifi in Blackberry storm 9530

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

WiFi service requires a specific radio installed when the device is configured.

Your device cannot be retro-fitted for Wifi.

We can establish and interment connection on your PC using your device as the modem.

I need the overflowing information from you:

Make and model of your PC (MAC) and the version of Operating System running.

The current version of the Blackberry desktop software

The current version of the device OS software

Thanks,

Bifocals

(it would be helpful if you just copied the entire page in About.

KB23393How to check the version of the BlackBerry Device Software installed on the BlackBerry smartphone

1. In Desktop Manager, click Help>About Desktop Manager.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: BlackBerry Developer

Hi Bifocals,

Thanq for your reply. I am using Windows environment for developing applications for BlackBerry.

Operating system : Window 7

Blackberry OS : 5.0.0.328

BlackBerry desktop manager version : 6.0.1

I would like to share mac mini(10.6.6) internet to Blackberry mobile via Blue tooth. I tried to configure it but not suceeded .

Thanks,

Guru I

seshu_450 wrote:

Hi Bifocals,

Thank for your reply. I am using Windows environment for developing applications for BlackBerry.

Operating system : Window 7

Blackberry OS : 5.0.0.328

BlackBerry desktop manager version : 6.0.1

I would like to share Mac mini(10.6.6) internet to Blackberry mobile via Blue tooth. I tried to configure it but not succeeded .

Thanks,

This would require individual setups on the device and MAC even then the connection would be singular

one device or another. Think basic, this is a one IP connection on the device OK?

I'll gather some articles and post back in a few!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I

Hello,

Here are the course notes, full exam on Monday.

Smiley Very Happy

Thanks,

Bifocals

(I added the MAC Articles as well.)

Support for tethered modem use    Support Content
DT_SUPPO RTISSUE_1_1&dialo gID=46250162&stat eId=1%200%2046208804). · To set up the BlackBerry smartphone as a tethered modem in Windows using Bluetooth® wireless technology, see KB12544 (www .blackberry.com/btsc...
Answer Extract Connect a computer to the Internet using a BlackBerry smartphone as a USB...   Support Content
modem. This KB article contains information that previously appeared in KB04664 and KB20362. . BlackBerry® Desktop Software (Windows) . BlackBerry® Smartphones...
Answer Extract Connect a computer to the Internet using a BlackBerry smartphone as a Blu...   Support Content
smartphone as a USB tethered modem, see KB05196 (www.bl ackberry.com/btsc/KB05196). Note: BlackBerry® Device Software 4.2 SP2 and earlier does not support tethered modem use with Windows Vista using Bluetooth technology...
Answer Extract New features of BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0    Support Content
aligned with Windows® styles and guidelines, making it a truly seamless experience to update to a new BlackBerry smartphone · Use the BlackBerry smartphone as a tethered modem for Internet access (Mobile I nternet...
How to use mobile Internet to tether a Bla...   Support Content
...How to use mobile Internet to tether a BlackBerry smartphone to a computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6....by clicking the Dial-Up icon in the notification area of the Windows...
Configuring a BlackBerry smartphone as a t...   Support Content
the window. 2) Select the BlackBerry - <PIN> from the drop-down list. 3) Click Create. Continue at Step 6. Specific Configurations If the BlackBerry smartphone cannot be successfully configured as a teth ered...
How to use mobile Internet to tether a Bla...   Support Content
...How to use mobile Internet to tether a BlackBerry smartphone to a computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6....by clicking the Dial-Up icon in the notification area of the Windows...
"Failed to respond" appears when querying...   Support Content
..."Failed to respond" appears when querying Standard Modem during setup of the BlackBerry smartphone as a tethered ...steps: 1) Open the Wi ndows® Control Panel on the computer. 2) Double...
How to configure a BlackBerry smartphone as a Bluetooth IP Modem on a Mac computer ...   Support Content
...IP Modem on a Mac computer A BlackBerry smartphone with tethered modem over Bluetooth®...again. 5) The Bluetooth Mobile Phone Setup window appears. In the Phone...
An error message appears when an IP Modem...   Support Content
...Desktop Manager 5.0.1 is designed to permit BlackBerry smartphone users to connect to the Internet using the BlackBerry smartphone as a tethered...· BlackBerry® Desktop Manager · BlackBerry smartphones · Windo ws...
How to turn on advanced modem connection l...   Support Content
...logging on the Macintosh computer. To configure the BlackBerry smartphone as a USB tethered modem on a Mac computer, see KB19641 (www.blackbe rry.com...Console. 3) In Log List on the left side of the Console window, go to...

Contributor
My Device: 9550

Hi,

All documents are useful when we want to use Blackberry as a modem, But my requirement is different. I would like to share PC internet to BlackBerry storm 9530 with the help of bluetooth or Blackberry desktop manager, that is, PC as a modem to Blackberry storm.

Guru I

Hi,

I guess I didn't catch that the first time. The majority of users want the reverse.

Let me see what I can find, Ok?

(see if you can sell any of the articles I posted while I'm gone!)

Smiley Wink

Bifocals

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

srivasadi wrote:

Hi,

All documents are useful when we want to use Blackberry as a modem, But my requirement is different. I would like to share PC internet to BlackBerry storm 9530 with the help of bluetooth or Blackberry desktop manager, that is, PC as a modem to Blackberry storm.

all Wi-Fi BlackBerry devices can do that using Wi-Fi. Only very few devices do not have Wi-Fi, including the 9500 and the 9530. Fortunately, in your profile you have indicated that you own a 9550 that can use Wi-Fi.

Besides, Wi-Fi is much more secure than BlueTooth.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: 9550

I recently bought Blackberry storm 9530. I would like to share my pc internet to mobile via blue tooth or usb cable, that is, pc as modem in this case.

Is it possible to connect like this???

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

srivasadi wrote:

I recently bought Blackberry storm 9530. I would like to share my pc internet to mobile via blue tooth or usb cable, that is, pc as modem in this case.

Is it possible to connect like this???

Thanks

Hello,

Nope...the ability to use one device as a modem for the other is unidirectional...only the BB can be a modem for the PC, not the other way around.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................