Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Wifi issues

[ Edited ]

hi guys, just until a day or two ago i can't seem to connect to the net through wifi with my bb bold 9700, it worked before too ): i'm currently with Bell on a social networking plan so i can't use 3G or else it'll be too costy.

the current version is 5.0.0.423 (platform 5.1.0.116), i tried connecting to wifi through 3 different networks but i have no idea why it suddenly stopped working (this phone is only 1 month old).

i turned on wifi, connected to my home network, but the wifi sign is still grayed out even when it says i'm currently connected to my home network. i have no idea if it's the phone problem or something to do with my carrier ): help highly appreciated! (btw i'm blackberry illiterate) Smiley Tongue

edit: i already tried doing a battery pull and deleting the saved networks

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: OPTUS

Re: Wifi issues

what are your mobile network settings?

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Hey, I'm having the exact same issue.  Got the Social 40 Fab5 plan about a month and a half ago and had no problem accessing BIS via wifi (indicated in Manage Connectiong -> Service Status).

Now, I tried multiple wifi connections that I was able to access BIS via wifi only a few days ago and now it doesn't work at all.

I've also noticed that many of my icons have disappeared from my main menu (even after showing all), most importantly BBMaps (but also all the bell apps that they include)

It's almost as if they gave us a preview of things for the first little while and now they have locked out everything.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

i'm not too sure if this is what you mean but,

data services is on

while roaming is on

mobile network: bell

network selection mode: automatic
network mode: 3G

sorry i'm really blackberry challenged XD

@  piottski; did you hide all your icons by mistake possibly?