01-18-2009 10:23 AM
I thought I'd found the solution to my problem when I saw this post (& the solution makes sense), but having set up the phone as suggested, it still doesn't work. The manage connections tool shows the correct SSID name, but still a "-" sign rather than a check mark. The WiFi router recognises that the phone is connected and shows the correct Mac & IP addresses. When I try to browse, the message "Unable to connect to the interner, please try again later..." appears. Any further ideas? Please!!
01-19-2009 03:46 PM
03-22-2009 02:40 AM
thanks for suggestion about default browser to be set to ' Hot Spot Browser '
I still got intermitant Wi_fi and IPS network flicking about
have now tried going into Setup>Wi-Fi connection and selected Wi-Fi Hotspot Login > click
seems to take you straight to the Wi-Fi connection ( passkey to wireless browser already set up )
fingers crossed >>>>>>
03-25-2009 01:13 AM
This works great with my bb Pearl, thank you. I just tried it with my BB Curve and it doesn't give me the option of switching to Tmoble. The option is there for my Pearl but not my Curve. The only options for the curve are Hotspots and t-zones. HELP please. Thanks, mimi
05-27-2009 06:03 PM
05-28-2009 12:47 AM
Check the following:
(1) browser > options > browser configuration > browser [hotspot browser]
(2) browser > options > general properties > default browser [hotspot browser]
(3) manage connections > wi-fi options > highlight your network and click menu > edit [ place a check by auto obtain IP and DNS. Also uncheck prompt before connection]
(4) manage connections > wi-fi options > wi-fi selection mode [automatic]
(5) manage connections > mobile network options > data services [on]
Do a battery pull, turn on wi-fi and check if your network has a green check mark in manage connections >
05-28-2009 01:15 PM - edited 05-28-2009 01:30 PM
thx for the tip zwood, ill give that a try. But for anyone else on t-mobile, did you have to add blackberry feature enabler for your wifi to work, because thats what the reps on chat are telling me.
edit: i went ahead and added the blackberry feature enabler, and my wifi finally works, thanks
06-02-2009 11:41 PM