Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Will not charge or sync after iMac wakes up from sleep

I have my 9900 connected to my 2012 imac.   When I plug in, the desktop software opens and syncs and begins to charge.  All good.   However, every morning the bb is down on charge and has the "insufficient power" message . . Which makes sense given Mac went to sleep.    However,  . .when I wake up the iMac it does not charge and the sync button is inactive.   I have to unplug/replug to reconnect.      Is there a way to fix that?   If I leave it connected for most of the day, I find it near dead or dead by afternoon.   Seems silly and don't know if its a Mac issue with USB power, or a desktop issue.    Thought you might know how to get past it.     Thanks.    

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Will not charge or sync after iMac wakes up from sleep

iMac`s USB is powered even if it is sleeping. I had usb power problems with iMac, because one of connected devices drew too much power, . Try to unplug everything from usb ports except your BB

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Will not charge or sync after iMac wakes up from sleep

I have a USB hard drive connected . . But is always connected . . .no issues when awake.    But you're right, it does sund like a Mac USB power change that occurs after sleep.