Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Will the new 7.1 OS be available at any point to upgrade to on the Curve 9300?

[ Edited ]

Will the new 7.1 OS be available at any point to upgrade to on the Curve 9300?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Will the new 7.1 OS be available at any point to upgrade to on the Curve 9300?

Hello Michty6,

the Curve 9300 started with OS5, and now has OS6. It will continue receiving from time to time OS6 updates, but not higher.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Will the new 7.1 OS be available at any point to upgrade to on the Curve 9300?

I own a 9300 and upgraded 2 os7.1 and now can not play my music as bbm talk has protected my music I can not deleat any music and can not restore os6 plz can u help
Guru I

hello chyanparisaliyah,

1) if your device model is 9300, then no, you did not upgrade to OS 7.1 because the 9300 model can only get OS5 and OS6. What did you do exactly?

2) when you say that BBM Talk has protected your music, it is not correct.
The explanation is probably different. Let's try and find out.

Where is your music located (memory card or device memory)?
what happens when you try to listen to a song? Is there an error message?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

My music is on device and when I try 2 play music it will not play at all there is no error message and the bbm talk is not letting me play it at all . All I get is a sqare with this ! In the sqare your help is apprecated
Guru I

hello,

I need you to help me understand. Why are you trying to play music with BBM Talk ?

can you detail step-by-step what you do to play a music file?

New Contributor

This is how it is the bbm talk is in my music file any track I download will play when downloaded once but not play after this I'm not sayying I play my music with bbm talk in my music file it says bbm talk don't no why this is but from the day this happens it will not let me play my music full stop many thanks for your help
Guru I

ok, for the BBm talk in your music file, I do not understand what you are saying, sorry.

About the music files that do not work anymore, I would like you to try this:
1) from the home screen, find the media pane.
2) in the media pane, open the menu and select "Explore". You are now in the file explorer.
3) click on "Device",then on "home", then on "user", then on "music". You are now in the place where your music files are supposed to be.
4) click on any song, what happens exactly?