Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: none

Will this phone work in India on Reliance CDMA network?

Will this phone work in India on Reliance CDMA network? Does it have a RUIM? I will be happy if just the call and SMS features work.

thanks,

kalpak dabir

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Will this phone work in India on Reliance CDMA network?

[ Edited ]

Most CDMA phones will only work on the network they are branded to.  The carriers usually do not allow other brands of phones on their cdma networks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: none

If I subscribe to this phone in the US and then ask for international roaming, the US service provider will give the PRL codes so that it will work in India with one their partners, either Reliance or Tata CDMA.

So technically, all CDMA phones if not locked to a service provider, can like the GSM be used with almost any other CDMA service provider.

So why this reluctance by CDMA phone manufacturers to make their phones officially global?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Roaming is different. That's just the way it is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

I heard India banned all Blacberry Phones, because they are unable to spy on you because of the encryption.