Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Windows 7 64 Bit

Useless...Can anyone help with Blackberry 6.0 being run on a windows 7 - 64 bit system..are they evern compatible?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: SFR

I sympathise with xbronx as I'm fairly sure I had the same problem. (Right now I'm travelling with an old laptop, as I still have too many other issues with W7-64, so I can't check if it was exactly the same.)

My workaround was to load the old version of BlackBerry Desktop from the CD and then let it update itself. What I downloaded from the RIM site didn't work. IIRC the version that I now have installed (and works) is one version after that which I downloaded (and didn't work)

It is disappointing that RIM has not identified and corrected this.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

xbronx wrote:

Useless...Can anyone help with Blackberry 6.0 being run on a windows 7 - 64 bit system..are they evern compatible?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Hmmm...useless...not to some of the prior posters. Oh, and the answer to your question is two-fold...

1) This thread is discussing Desktop Software 6.1...not 6.0.

2) If you scroll up to message 17, you will see where I posted that 6.1 is indeed fully compatible with Win7x64.

So, each circumstance may have different reasons why it's not working. Remember, Windows and PC's are an "open system"...so it's completely impossible for any individual software vendor to truly 100% vet out their application within every possible configuration of a system...there simply are too many permutations and combination possibilities.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I said useless out of desperation. I have tried desktop 4 from cd, 5, 6, 7 none work...i will continue to look. Thank you.

New Contributor

I did not work with my windows 7 64bit pc. I have tried everything...

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I found a solution ... I switched to a Samsung Galaxy s2 and use Android-Sync.  Works like a charm.  And, I really not being a smarta** just finally gave up, plus my BB Tour Bluetooth went out, I got no support from Sprint, so just moved on.

Hope somebody does find a solution.

New Contributor

Hahahahaha you are soooo right. This was funny and unexpected. LMAO!

New Contributor

Thank you.

Highlighted
My Device: curve
My Carrier: bell

been trying to get this one to work for a few months now. there seem to be alot of problems with using windows 7 64 bit with a blackberry. the desktop software stops working if you plug in to usb, the MTP usb drivers often will not install. even on a new computer out of the box.

(my itunes works though)
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry new version
My Carrier: Altel

I think Hp also support the window 7 64 bit.Thanks a lot .I got another answer.