Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8310
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 64 Bit

Could someone tell me if there is Desktop Manager version that works with Windows 7 64 bit please?

Thanks

Mike

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Windows 7 64 Bit

BlackBerry desktop manager work with windows 64bit . Try the below link to download the latest version -

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold

Today I downloaded 5.0.1, 4.6, and 4.7 desktop software but none of them worked on Windows 7.

And just how cack is Blackberry support, you have to pay to be assisted on their products!?!?!?!

Disgusting, no wonder windows mobile and even the Iphone is becoming more common place in the SME market.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

leecarter wrote:

Today I downloaded 5.0.1, 4.6, and 4.7 desktop software but none of them worked on Windows 7.

And just how cack is Blackberry support, you have to pay to be assisted on their products!?!?!?!

Disgusting, no wonder windows mobile and even the Iphone is becoming more common place in the SME market.

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

"none of them worked" -- well, I too can attest that they do indeed work. There must be something specific about your configuration that is preventing it. But, since you aren't asking for assistance...

FYI -- Front line support for BB's is, by contract, not provided by RIM. The carriers and authorized resellers are responsible for front line formal support to end users. I suspect this is why you have had difficulty finding a way to get support direct from RIM. It is possible to bypass your carrier and seek assistance direct from RIM, but such involves fees since you are bypassing your support agreement with your carrier. The "Support and Services" tab toward the top of these forum pages provide information about that. But, if you do go through your carrier for support, they can escalate into RIM at no fee to you if they so choose to.

These forums, "staffed" by good natured volunteers with loads of experience, are a resource to you for obtaining assistance -- while not official RIM information, the information that kind souls obtain on these forums has proven quite useful and often of a better quality than obtainable via formal channels. If you desire to ask other users for specific assistance about how to get the most use out of your BB, then this forum would indeed be the correct place for that. On the other hand, if your desire was to simply rant and rail against RIM (albeit with somewhat inaccurate information), then you've accomplished that goal...and we remain happy that you are here.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold

I have spoken to the carrier and been advised that it is something Rim are aware of and working on resolving, I am then told that it does work by others so becoming a little confused.

I have installed it ok but when coming to configure the synchronisation it is saying there is no profile to connect to, or words to that effect.

But working with a dialled in IT consultant he clearly shows that there is indeed a profile that should be able to link to on Outlook.

The message was "Could not find outlook profile in registry".

My frustration grows that the Carriers have staff of a very limited knowledge and interest in these things, and you download the said software direct from Blackberrys site but they charge you to get support directly when things go awry.  I have seen forum posts with similar issues but nothing seems to solve it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as its too late to convert my customer to an alternative unfortunately...

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

leecarter wrote:

I have spoken to the carrier and been advised that it is something Rim are aware of and working on resolving, I am then told that it does work by others so becoming a little confused.

In my experience, one can never be 100% positive that what a CSR at a carrier says in a case like this is 100% accurate...if multiple CSR's said the same thing AND a CSR supervisor confirmed it, I might believe it a little bit more. But, it's impossible to be sure since we can have no insight into RIM.

leecarter wrote:

I have installed it ok but when coming to configure the synchronisation it is saying there is no profile to connect to, or words to that effect.

Exact syntax is, as you know, very important...searching for help is very hard without it.

leecarter wrote:

Ahhh...that's better. See this KB...perhaps it is useful. You also can search the public KBs yourself for even more specific information that might be applicable to your specific situation:

leecarter wrote:

My frustration grows that the Carriers have staff of a very limited knowledge and interest in these things, and you download the said software direct from Blackberrys site but they charge you to get support directly when things go awry.  I have seen forum posts with similar issues but nothing seems to solve it.

Well, the carrier should have, if they are a proper BB-vending carrier, a dedicated BB support group, but one never seems to find a direct contact number for them and must always be escalated from the carriers first level support desk up to their BB support group. In turn, they have the ability to escalate, at no cost to you, your case all the way into RIM. But again, escalation is required -- this is the nature of the contractual arrangements between RIM and the carriers.

Also, please be sure that you are using only the latest DTM version (5.0.1.28)...prior versions existed before Win7 and, as such, should not be expected to be compatible. If you've been installing and uninstalling multpile times, it's possible that just about anything could have become corrupt. To cleanly start over, here is a process:

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

• You may wish to also use some higher-level registry cleansing tools -- some users have reported the need to do so in order to truly and fully achieve a clean removal, especially after multiple install/uninstall attempts.

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

• Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your PIM (if you are synchornizing via USB):
  • KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

7) Start the organizer configuration over:

• KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]
Looks like sdgardne beat me to most of it:

leecarter wrote:

Searching the RIM Knowledgebase (RIM KB) for "Could not find outlook profile in registry", I find several articles, two of which jump out as potentially being relevant: Configure and Reboot (note: those are my names).

As for your carrier not having very much knowledge, if you ask them a question that they cannot answer, THEY should escalate the question to RIM, so you don't have to pay for it.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Just to share ...

I updated my HP Pavilioin dv9930us laptop from Vista to Win7 (64-bit), and I too am unable to install DTM.  Sprint said it was BB problem, and I'm not willing to pay for BB support.

I really  appreciate all of the excellent input and recommendations on this Forum and am still working to find a solution.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Ed

New Contributor
My Device: WorldPhone
My Carrier: Verizon

...it may work with Windows 7 64-bit, but it does NOT work (i.e. sync) with Outlook 2010...

My Device: Blackberry 9630 Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

I had issues with my BB 9630 Tour working with BB Desktop 5.0 and 6.0 when I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 64-bit.  I could not get the BB desktop to connect via USB cable but I was able to get it to communicate via BlueTooth but that was not sufficient and too slow.  After digging around and experimenting I found a solution but it may not be applicable to everyone.  The solution is as follows:

On Blackberry take the options menu -> memory then disable compression and also enable "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected".  Save your changes  Reconnect your BB to your computer via USB cable.

Hopefully this work for some of you!

Good Luck