Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Windows 8 /desktop software

Ok here is the problem.  I just upgraded my computer to windows 8.  tried to tether my phone, no go.

So I checked out a few forums and uninstalled desktop 6 , made sure net framework 3.5 was enabled and tried to install the new desktop software.

Software is downloading and the install controller ask to make changes, I say yes, it goes away an nothing happens

My problem, no desktop software.

Any ideas.  I have a Sony vaio laptop.  was working well until I installed windows 8

thank you

New Contributor

Re: Windows 8 /desktop software

windows just updated their net framework.  I was able to install new blackberry software.

All is good. 

So, I checked to make sure that net framework 3.5 was enabled.  You have to click the plus box and make sure each box is enabled.

I checked windows update and there was a patch for net framework 3.5 along with 7 more updates

Do not give up, keep looking for a solution and you will find it

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Do you like Win8?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
New Contributor

Not a fan yet, still working out the bugs, if you have win7 stay with it for now.  Not as easy to maneuver through 8.

Back up your system so you can reboot 7 if you change your mind.  I will stay with 8 for now. Tech support for Win8

still not good,

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks. I'm still using XP.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.