Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8330C

Windows Vista

I understand that BB desktop software ( for the (8330) works with Vista ver 4.2.2 and above. Can any user confirm that?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Windows Vista

Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.3 (the one with the Black screen) is Vista compatible.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
My Device: Not Specified

I am running Vista Service pack 1 :-( 

I have had all sorts of issues with my USB drivers and after 4 hours on the phone with Microsoft they are telling me that the driver formy RIM SD USb device is bad and I need to get the driver from Blackbery.

I have a new phone and have never used the Blackbery Desktop software prior to gettig the phone.  The software seems to work properly yet I am constantly getting thei pop up that a new device is being installed and then fails when I attach the phone to the USB port.

Where do I get the proper Drivers?  I have installed 4.3.0.17 of the BB DT Manager.

RIM Blackbery SD USB Device

Other devices

Unknown

on USB Mass Storage Device

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver

Thanks in advance for any help!

Contributor

I have been running on Vista ever since I gotten my 8310 and have no negative experience with the two working together.

--

AvekHost.com

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 4.6.0.201

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I, too, have been running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, WITH Service Pack 1, and I've had no issues with the Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.3.

Can you tell us a little more about what error message(s) you're getting?

Blackberry Bold 9000 4.6.0.201 | Treo Pro | Blackberry Storm 9500 (GSM version; soon!) | Cisco Linksys WRT610N 802.11n router | Slingbox PRO HD | Atheros 5008 XPAN wireless N | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

The error I am getting is Driver not found:

If you open the device manager and look at the USB you see:

RIM Blackbery SD USB Device

Other devices

Unknown

on USB Mass Storage Device

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver

Trusted Contributor

I'm waiting daily for Sprint (store) to get them in stock. I don't want an 8130 because of the keyboard. My recent experience was with Palm Centro and last fall with a Sony SX46 digital recorder w/Vista update. I spent hours on the phone over the period of a week with their tech support (for real in San Diego, not offshore) and they even changed out the electronics. but it didn't help. I gave it to a family member who runs XP and bought a new one that needs no proprietary software.

I apologize if I mislead you. I could go Verizon (as my contract has expired) but I'm advised that the 8330 on the Sprint system is better. I'll find out.

Thanks for your info. It confirms my decision to wait for the 8330.

Floyd

Trusted Contributor

Sorry. Forgot about the error message . It was with the Sony/USb connected. It was always looking for a driver that it never found.

Floyd

Exact same issue here.  I have 2 computers.  1 with XP and 1 with Vista.  The one with Vista keeps telling me drivers failed to install.  The bad thing about my particular situation is that my XP computer, though it syncs just fine, isn't blue tooth compatable so I have to manually plug it in where as the Vista computer is.  Just waiting for the updated driver to be posted somwhere.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

I'm running Vista home basic and can't even load Desktop Manager from the cd. It gives me

Error 2738. Could no access VZScript runtime for custom action.

I don't even know what that MEANS!

Help?