Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Windows8

The file size of my download is approx 114MB. Maybe you should try downloading with a different browser ?

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi, I'm also facing the same issue. I downloaded the file 710_b039_multilanguage and also enable the .NET 3.5 feature. However, I'm still not able to connect to the desktop software.

Please suggest an alternative...
Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Have you considered upgrading to a newer version of .NET framework ? I have .NET 4.5 installed on my pc. Maybe the requirements are higher if you are on Win 8.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Vodacom

Thanks, that sounds like good advice, but I did that last night.

At this stage the biggest issue is to get the complete file!

Contributor

I get this when I attempt to install:

"

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.9200.16384

msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]

Install Options
 </package | /i> <Product.msi>
  Installs or configures a product
 /a <Product.msi>
  Administrative install - Installs a product on the network
 /j<u|m> <Product.msi> [/t <Transform List>] [/g <Language ID>]
  Advertises a product - m to all users, u to current user
 </uninstall | /x> <Product.msi | ProductCode>
  Uninstalls the product
Display Options
 /quiet
  Quiet mode, no user interaction
 /passive
  Unattended mode - progress bar only
 /q[n|b|r|f]
  Sets user interface level
  n - No UI
  b - Basic UI
  r - Reduced UI
  f - Full UI (default)
 /help
  Help information
Restart Options
 /norestart
  Do not restart after the installation is complete
 /promptrestart
  Prompts the user for restart if necessary
 /forcerestart
  Always restart the computer after installation
Logging Options
 /l[i|w|e|a|r|u|c|m|o|p|v|x|+|!|*] <LogFile>
  i - Status messages
  w - Nonfatal warnings
  e - All error messages
  a - Start up of actions
  r - Action-specific records
  u - User requests"

It does not mean much to me. When I click OK the installation terminates.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

joconradie wrote:

I get this when I attempt to install:

<snipped>

Hello,

That's actually been seen before...refer:

I do not know if it will help in a Win8 environment, but you can read what that poster found as a resolution.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Airtel

I already have the .NET 4.5 feature activated in the system. Still unble to connect.

Contributor

Thanks, but I do not understand a bit of all that. I click on "download" and I click on "install" other than that I have no ability to fix software, I just use the software - I suggest RIM fixes the software OR I click on "Buy iPhone". Easy.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

joconradie wrote:

Thanks, but I do not understand a bit of all that. I click on "download" and I click on "install" other than that I have no ability to fix software, I just use the software - I suggest RIM fixes the software OR I click on "Buy iPhone". Easy.

Try this KB:

• KB19300 Windows Installer command line parameters information box appears when attempting to install BlackBerry Desktop Manager

As you may have noticed in that other thread, I did ask the poster to provide more details about how exactly the were able to carry that out...sadly, they have not replied.

And btw -- there is absolutely nothing I can do to convince BlackBerry to "fix" anything. If BlackBerry is not the proper solution for you, then please do seek alternatives...I do not subscribe to the notion that BlackBerry is the perfect solution for all users. After all, if it were, there would not be such a plethora of choices available.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thanks, once again these are nice and kind, but way beyond me. Regarding BB - it is also all about keeping clients and not chasing them away because of some silly software issue. I would have loved to stay with BB. It worked well

on windows 7, but unfortunately life carries on and some of us needs the technology to keep up with us and if it does not, we get technology that can. My time is way to valuable to spend on working out what BB did or did not do. BTW if I was CEO and my company sales looked like BB, I would start by fixing and keeping clients that I have, but that is just me. Keep well. Hallo iPhone5!