Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Winmail.dat file in emai keeps resending

My work email is forwarded to my blackberry. There is an email that was forwarded that I read on my outlook at work from "Marty". I never read it on my blackberry, I just deleted it. That was about 1 week ago. Since then, the Marty email keeps coming through my Blackberry every hour. It is not showing up in my work email or spam filter at work. I logged into my Verizon account and blocked his email. I also created a filter on my blackberry to block his email...and it is STILL coming through. I have pulled the battery and updated my phone. Nothing will make this email go away. Please help! I forwarded the email to my work account. And it is blank. All of my other email is coming through fine/normal.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Winmail.dat file in emai keeps resending

There could be a few different things causing this to happen.

I suggest trying to following to diagnose it:

Open the Marty email and press and hold the ALT key and type the letters V I E W. This should bring up a UID field, this is the unique identifier for that email.

No open another Marty email and do the same steps. (Press and hold the ALT key and type the letters V I E W.)

Is the UID field the same or different? If it is the different, what is happening is this email is show up to the BlackBerry Internet Service as a new email. We see a different ID everytime its noticed. This would indicate something  on the mail server side is modifying this message to make it appear as a new message. If this is the case, I suggest you speak with your IT admin for this email account.

If the UID is the same we will need to investigate this further.

Hope this helps.