Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

Wiped 9780, no OS

I was about to upgrade my bb 9780 yesterday to v756 but didn't notice that what I've downloaded was for 9800 (changed phone since March). So I just thought the latest desktop manager no longer detects OS from other carrier. I've tried using BBSAK so after wiping, it said no OS installed. That's when I realized I've downloaded the wrong OS. When I finally installed the correct one, BBSAK still says no OS installed. When tried the desktop manager, it offers lower versions but when clicked, it said one component needs to be installed. After restart, it won't install still using the desktop manager. I've deleted the Vendor file but still I can't push through. Anyone please help me step by step on how to install OS on my clean/total wiped bb 9780? Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Wiped 9780, no OS

I finally was able to fix by doing the force detection by connecting to pc without battery. At first it won't get the update although I already installed v.756. I tried over and over and successfully installed v570. So after all that happened I'm now scared to upgrade. Is it the latest desktop manager that's blocking me to upgrade by not detecting the os from other carrier?

Anyone can give me the official step by step procedure in doing upgrades? I've read that in deleting the vendor file, the phone must not yet be connected to pc, afterwhich the deletion occurred then that's the time I'll plug it in.

By the way, has anyone already upgraded their bold 9780 to v756 from Vodafone Spain?