Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900

Wiped phone

Hello, I recently got a "JVM ERROR 505" on my 9900. I couldn't fix. So i plugged my phone into my computer and they told me I needed to repair it. So I did. When it finished I had a brand new phone, everything was gone, contacts, calender, EXCEPT FOR MY PICTURES. THEY DIDN'T GO ANYWEHRE.

I know, I should have backed it up receently, however I didn't; the last back up was about 5 months ago. 

My question is....since my pictures were saved I am wondering somewhere somehow they rest of it was saved too (bbm contacts, contacts, notes). They are just hiding in a folder and I can't find them. 

Please someone, if you know anything please help me. 

Thank you

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Wiped phone

Hi christina18

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If we have a media card on our device and if we set Media Card Support then those media files like Images ,Music and videos are stored on our Media Card and not on device memory. You Images are saved because of this I think,But those Contacts ,Calander etc are stored on our device memory and they are lost because you had reset or repair your device from that JVM error 505.

Open BBM press the menu key > Options > BackUp Management > Restore > from Media Card ( if you had previously backup your contact locally on the media card then you might get those BBM contacts) .

As you had a previous backup about 5 month ago as you mentioned ,You can also use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore your Data from that backup .

KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

KB10339 How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.