01-04-2014 08:40 PM
1. Go to google on the field type in ( blackberry software update ( name of your carrier ) )
2. download the device software
3. install it on your computer.
4. once installed plug your device into the computer ( without the battery)
5. go to Computer / C driver / program files ( x86 ) / Common files / research in motion / app loader / LOADER
6. click on LOADER and follow the prompt.
7. it will take time to recognize your PIN or device. Just continue clicking NEXT until it push through.
8.after that it will prompt you in selecting your language then a page with " finish or close " will appear just click either of them for the process to proceed.
9. a loading bar will show up. When you receive an error message that says something like " cannot detect device "
that is the time for step 10.
10. put the battery back
and click on "Retry"
11. it will take time but keep on retrying untill the process proceed.
12.once all the loading is done you may either receive " a fatal error occured or software update success"
dont worry about the fatal error it says that but your device should be booting up.
If the software reload will not resolve the proble then its hardware.
01-04-2014 10:36 PM
I might suggest a slightly different process, one that gives you even more options that just your own carriers supported OS levels. The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below. (From what you stated, moot in your case.)
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
01-04-2014 11:39 PM
I'm here in San Felipe Mex, and one of the local Telcel dealers has offered to ship the phone to Mexicali to the main Telcel center and have the phone reprogrammed. I will keep these replies to my post just in case it doesn't work out.
Many thanks for your time and effort in coming to my aid, all the best to everyone in the New Year.